Monday, August 13, 2007

The Breakthrough

Progress is usually made gradually, making it hard for even the most aware to chronicle it. Today, progress was not only quantifiable, it was obvious. These are the days that breed optimism.

The first sign of progress was in the morning workout. I've been performing box hops nearly every day for the past two weeks with limited success. Finally today, I was able to land on the box without wobbling. The adjustment? Simply landing with my off foot next to my contact foot. If only I recognized that sooner.

I made another breakthrough in the PM lift. I set personal bests in the snatch, the dumbbell bench press and the RDL and improved my technique in the other exercises. Better still, I felt limited discomfort in my throwing rehab today.

Today was a good day, but it will be wasted unless I can maintain and improve upon it. That test begins tomorrow.

Thanks for reading,
Ben

No comments: