Thursday, August 23, 2007

Crossing paths

One of my last days was the first day for two notable baseball players. Jay Gibbons, a Baltimore Orioles' outfielder, arrived today to get physical therapy on a torn labrum. He's a nice guy, but he looks a lot bigger on TV. In real life, he's only 6'0" and under 200 lbs. The other notable player who arrived is James, the starting third baseman of the South Carolina Gamecocks. This week, I've been blown away by the talent of the people that I train with. Of the three baseball players in my training group, two of them played in the Cape Cod League and both are major contributors at top 40 programs. Crazy.

I took some more post-experience tests, including a body fat evaluation. Although I gained several pounds, I lost about 1.5% body fat (down to about 11%). Both of those results meet my goals.

I also got to take a spin in one of the most expensive cardio machines on the planet. Athletes' Performance owns a G-Trainer. The curious should follow the link, because this treadmill is hard to describe. A bag inflates under the runner's legs that makes the runner somewhat buoyant. Although I weigh 208, I was running as if I only weighed 140. If you have $70,000 burning a hole in your pocket, consider buying it. Of course, Athletes' Performance didn't pay a dime for it.

My last workout is tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing my Baltimore friends soon.

Thanks for reading,
Ben

No comments: