Friday, August 10, 2007

Halfway home

It happened so quick. But staring at another Friday night, I have come to the halfway point of my trip. Two weeks from today, I will be packing for my return flight the next morning.

The last two weeks have been an amazing experience. I've become more aware (and frustrated) by my core stability, or lack thereof. I've improved my running form and made great strides with my weightlifting. I've been able to step up the weight on my exercises. I'm still mastering the technique of the various exercises, so I expect to see even bigger improvements in the next two weeks.

I threw today, throwing at a true long-toss distance for the first time since surgery (about 120 feet). My arm responded well. There's still some soreness, but I felt 85%. That improvement should be tempered, however, because I did get scraped yesterday and I threw better last week after being scraped to regress a bit afterwards. But if I continue to feel this good, I'll be ready for fall practice.

Tomorrow is a short regeneration session followed by a relaxing weekend. I won't write again until Monday evening when I start my third week and my last with Joe.

Thanks for reading,
Ben

No comments: